Where have I been?
Well, that’s a story. A long…not so fun story…but if you know me, you’ll know I’ll somehow twist it into something either funny or depressing. There’s really no in between with me.
I had to take a break from writing. Not just from here on this site, but all of my writing projects were put on hold. I had to take a step back and regroup. Things went off the rails for a bit…with my health, relationships and the reality of having people in my life (not by choice) who are the scum of the earth.
Evil can come in the form of a bipolar middle aged man and his boyish-looking child bride. (OOps. Did I say that outloud? On the Internet? Maybe I should have posted it on Instagram with The Boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend smiling with his “friends”. This is AFTER “the group” calls him to try to set him up to seeing her without his current girlfriend.)
But nevermind that.
I’ll never fit in this new town I moved to…mainly because I’ll never be ‘white’ enough and believe me…I gave it a good go. But now, I’m pretty happy NOT fitting in.
I think this is called “growing”. Or maybe not. Maybe it’s just that I’m too old to try to fit in anywhere. You don’t like me? I don’t give a shit. I like me. And if being a shallow, ignorant racist means being in your little middle-aged clique…I’m good, thanks.
Things I Learned This Week:
- I need to buy new tires even though my car is only a year old
- My niece is rocking the whole “poo-poo in the potty” lifestyle
- I no longer can do a back bend without worrying that it could lead to paralysis and possibly death. Also…I’m not as cute doing it as I was twenty years ago. (Same goes with rapping. Now I just sound ridiculously sad)
- My new shorter hair resembles a Brillo pad
- Eminem is still around and if social media is to be believed…he’s now qualified to be the POTUS
Stay Tuned, Readers. I’m just getting started.